Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Zebra

The Zebra is not your basic Blogspot or Wordpress powered blog. Some creativity has obviously gone into its creation. The background is black but in no way is it dull. Shades of orange and a splash of lime green on the bottom liven things up.

There is a somewhat evil yet cute looking creature next to the title, some sort of anime character perhaps? The sub header says "I eat you". Just looking at the header makes me smile.

Another character on the left, holding a sword and covered in blood. Hmm, something tells me The Zebra is into gory cartoons.

The posts are a bit hard to read as the font is small and I had to focus hard. If that wasn't bad enough, conversations are posted in an even smaller font. And that's a shame because the posts are really interesting and worth reading. Good English to boot. Too bad I lost interest after a few posts because my eyes started to hurt.

There was no information about the blogger in the side column besides the fact that he's discovered the wonders of ready made sauces and is currently reading 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith.

From the posts I deduced that he's in Perth. And the fact that a security guard wished him Gong Hei Fatt Choy reveals he's Chinese. Beyond that I know nothing about the Zebra except that he writes well and I would really enjoy reading his blog more if he made it easier on the eyes.

For now, the rating is 6/10.