Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sashi-isms

This is a WordPress-powered blog with a plain template, and a nice picture of the Twin Towers as the header. An incredibly long right column which can be cut down if there's less space devoted to recent comments and trackbacks, and tiny banners at the bottom. An equally incredible long blogroll, preceded by a mind-boggling number of categories for this blogger's posts.

OK now that that's out of the way, time to focus on the content itself. Sashi seems to enjoy writing and has some really long posts, but thankfully only a small portion is placed on the main page with a "Read More" link for readers who are interested in the full story.

I particularly enjoyed his Singapore escapade. The 3-part-series was well written and made me want to read more. He updates pretty regularly which is good - I'm always disappointed if I find a blog I enjoy only to find that updates are once a week or less.

Sashi writes about everything under the sun but his posts aren't boring (with the exception of his football posts - I'm not a big football fan, can you tell?). His English isn't flawless but he has a way of drawing the reader in with well-chosen words and phrases. And he also has quite an imagination, as his fictional posts show!

I really enjoyed reading this blog. My only suggestion is to cut down on the number of things in the right column and maybe spruce up the background a bit to make it more lively.

My rating: 8/10